Lunch starts with an appetizer. This is something small and light to start with, not something to fill you up. If you are having a glass of wine with your meal, this is the time to serve it.
To prepare a meal in 10 minutes, you don’t have time to make fancy appetizers. Keep it simple and basic, it’ll still be satisfying. These can be prepared in advance and kept refrigerated for a few days if you want. So make enough for 2 or 3 days at a time.
Some suggestions for appetizers:
– Radishes with a dab of butter
– Cucumber slices in sour cream with dill
– Beets in sour cream (get packages of precooked beets and add sour cream)
– Celery sticks (could be cucumber spears or carrots or another raw vegetable that you like, it’s the dip that’s necessary) with
-homemade mayonnaise (see recipe)
-olive tapenade (see recipe)
-sardine dip (see recipe)
– Artichoke hearts (bottled) with mayonnaise
– Smoked nova salmon with a tablespoon of cream cheese
– Ham or prosciutto wrapped around a tablespoon of cream cheese